Telephone 01386 858148
|Covid-19 Preparations and Precautions
In response to the COVID-19 we have undertaken a thorough risk assessment and can confirm that we are implementing changes to our procedures based on the guidance from the government’s ‘COVID 19 Secure’ guidance on managing the risk of COVID 19 in the workplace’, , Public Health England and the National Health Service, supported by industry specific advice from UK Hospitality. Our procedures will be reviewed and updated to take into account any changes in government guidance and advice. As we are managing a public health issue, we expect the full support and co-operation of all of our guests and staff team to ensure that we all Stay Safe
Our procedures and protocols
If you would like to discuss our Covid-19 arrangements, please feel free to contact us and we be pleased to supply you with our full risk assessment.
Please click here for our full risk assessment
- All guest rooms will be locked on departure and left for two days before cleaning and sanitisation for the next guests arrival.
- Our check in time remains between 4-6pm. There will be no early access to the B&B before this time due to our enhanced cleaning programs. However, should you arrive earlier, please feel free to leave your car in the front car park and enjoy our beautiful village
- On arrival we will welcome you to Cowley House and request that you allow us to take and record your temperature. This will be by hand-held, non-contact infra-ed thermometer. If your temperature is 38 degrees or above you, unfortunately, will be declined entry. However, we do not expect that anyone with a temperature will be travelling but we must take precautions to safeguard all guests, our staff (who will also have a temperature check before starting work) and ourselves.
- After the temperature check, you will be directed to pick up a welcome pack containing your disinfected room key, information about Cowley House, a breakfast menu and order sheet. (all on single use paper). We will direct you to your room but will not show you to the room in order to comply with social distancing. We will not be offering a welcoming drink/cake in the guest lounge but tea/coffee making facilities are available in all rooms. Please be prepared to carry your own bags to your rooms We have also included information on places to eat in Broadway (for more information on Broadway visit www.visitbroadway.co.uk )
- We are only able to check in one couple at a time. If we are checking in another couple upon your arrival please wait in the entrance hall, obeying social distancing rules and we’ll be with you in just a few minutes.
- Hand sanitising gel will be provided at the desk in reception and we ask that you use this each time you enter Cowley House and before going to your room
- Please maintain 2 metre social distancing in all common areas
- Breakfast to be continental, pre-ordered the evening before using the order form and left in reception. All items to be covered and packaged. Where possible individual portions will be used. This will be room service (apart from guests in Daresbury and Grappenhall rooms)
- Housekeeping will not be available during your stay. You will be able to request clean towels and additional beverage sachets & biscuits using an order form from your welcome pack.
- In bedrooms we have removed all non essential soft furnishings and other items to minimise any contamination risk. We know that this will make the rooms look bare, but it is necessary to avoid contamination and enable us to provide you with a highly sanitised room for your stay.
- Please feel free to take the individual amenity/toiletries, tea/coffee sachets in bedrooms, upon departure as they will be disposed of when you leave.
- The guest laundry service will be suspended until further notice
- Additional disinfection will be in place of high touch room and bathroom areas (door knobs, TV remote, room keys, lights and light switches).
- We advise guests to pre-book all evening dining prior to your stay.
- To facilitate a non-contact checkout we will be taking payment from the card number supplied on booking. If you wish to use a different card please let us know when you
- If you need to speak to one of us during your stay, rather that come to reception could you please contact us by phone on 01386 858148 or 07557682822
- We now have flexible terms and conditions for all bookings whereby you can cancel 24 hours prior to arrival without penalty.
- We would ask for the full support and co-operation of all of our guests and staff to successfully combat the spread of COVID 19 and keep each other safe by:
- Use the hand sanitiser on arrival
- Always wash your hands when returning to your bedroom
- Follow social distancing guidelines of 2m at all times
- In the event that a guests shows signs of covid-19 whilst staying at Cowley House they should immediate seek medical advice and if told to self-isolate we will ask that you check out immediately and return home
Joan and Peter Reading, Cowley House, Church Street, Broadway, Worcestershire WR12 7AE
Tel +44 (0) 1386 858148 Email